"Where horse and rider come together in balance and harmony"
***Covered arena coming soon!***
Cedar Haven Stables is nestled on 25 acres just 20 minutes south of Dallas. A true full care boarding facility with many amenities for our boarders and riders.
- 6 Stall barn with 12 x 12 stalls- each stalls comes with fan and hay net
- 4 Large Pastures with brand new fencing to accommodate up to 6 horses, includes automatic waterer as well as coastal round bale with slow feed hay net
- 6 Paddocks with brand new fencing to accommodate up to 4 horses, includes automatic waterer and coastal round bale with slow feed hay net
- 1 Private paddock to accommodate 1-2 horses with an all weather shed
- All pastures contain numerous trees for shade on hot summer days
- Large lesson program tack room
- Private boarder tack room with individual tack lockers, with fans and lights
- Feed barn with large fridge/freezer
- Outdoor wash rack with 4 cross ties, 2 hoses, and plenty of saddle racks and bridle hooks for your convenience
- Large round pen with excellent footing
- 100 x 200 Lit Arena with great footing and a beautiful assortment of jumps
- 3 miles of shaded trails with a 20 jump course of adjustable heights
Amy Hirsch - Owner
From a love of riding horses during two summers at camp as a kid, I started riding again at the age of 40 after having 2 kids and desiring to add something exciting, inspiring and healing to my life. Horses had been a big draw for me for as long as I could remember, even at the young age of 5 leading my friends around on pony rides at my birthday party in our backyard.
First taking lessons on school horses at a city barn in Dallas where I lived, then leasing, and not too long after buying my first horse, I then found myself on an all consuming hunt for a wonderful pony for my 2 girls, now riding age. And what I discovered while searching for a pony for them was that I loved the whole process of researching, trying out, and finding horses that I wanted to learn more from.
So, I went in search of a barn that could accommodate my growing passion to ride, own and experience multiple horses. When I drove up to what would become Cedar Haven Stables, I took a breath of fresh air and wondered where I had landed. I wasn’t in Dallas any longer -- I was in a magical land of 25 acres and a knowing that I had found a place I wanted to call home for me, my family and my horses.
At first exploring horse rescue, different breeds, ages, colors and all types of horses, as well as a multitude of trainers, farriers, vets, and the art of living with and caring for horses, I am now 6 years into this adventure and more excited than ever about what is in store for our barn, our lesson program, our show team and our ever improving and expanding stable of horses.
Working with our trainer extraordinaire, Kelsey Marcus and our amazing
stablehands as well as the boarders, lesson students, people and families
that flock to our haven nestled in Cedar Hill, I am so grateful to live on
this land with these horses and continue to see what we are creating